Search My Techie Guy

Friday, December 16, 2016

Diesel filter warning on my Land cruiser VX limited - HZ Engine

Summary: 

Diesel filter warning on my land cruiser VX limited.


Diesel Filter Warning
Problem or Goal:

My VX land cruiser is displaying a warning on the dash board and when i checked on internet, it stands for "diesel filter" warning.

Cause:

My mechanic removed the diesel filter and the fuel inside the filter seems to be contaminated with water. he poured the fuel in a glass container and you could observe the suspension mixture of fuel on top and water at the bottom.

Solution:

We suspected that the fuel tank could be the problem, i didn't have enough time to remove the entire fuel tank, clean it and dry it. so my mechanic advised that we just empty the tank, replace the diesel filter and fuel with new fuel. we did that and the alarm cleared, however on my way from Kampala to Mbarara (almost 3 quarters of a 260KM journey ) the alarm reappeared.

The next move when i go back to Kampala is to go with the first suggestion of dropping the entire fuel tank and cleaning it dry, and replacing the filter again.

My mechanic mentioned to me that this is a serious issue and i should not just ignore this alarm as such fuel can kill the diesel fuel injector nozzles. so as a temporary fix, am going to again replace the filter on my way back to kampala to project my nozzles since the nozzles cost a lot more than a filter of 25,000 UGX. Nozzles can go for 1,500,000 UGX am warned!

Problem Solved?

Problem not yet solved, will update this post once solved.

No comments: