I always knew someone must have already developed an app to install whatsapp on the PC but was lazy to search for one, but my friends kept on complaining why am offline and i couldn't continue giving the lame excuse of "my phone is weak", and i was not about to get a new handset (credit cruch in my pockets at the moment :-( ).
So here is the long story in short:
|Download BlueStacks Platform|
2. Install it and follow the installation steps up to the end.
3. Consider the BlueStack platform as you virtual phone on your PC
|BlueStacks Android Apps Player for PCs|
4. Link it with your Google App Store/ Play Store and download whatsapp like you would on a normal android phone.
5. The rest is simple, you will need to use the "call me" option instead of the SMS option when linking whatsapp to your phone number because the SMS code will be sent to your phone not the PC.
6. Have fun "whatsapping" from your laptop, i am.