"Your recipient is not able to receive funds at this time. Your recipient must first set up his or her account to receive funds."
When i tried to consult with PayPal help, i was told that my account is not able to receive payment because, my country (UGANDA) is not on the list of the countries that can use PayPal to receive payments.
At the moment, PayPal accounts setup in Uganda can only send payments to other PayPal accounts but can't receive payments. i was very disappointed and i don't hope this policy is about to change any time soon. For once this made me hate the fact that am Ugandan, and that it's not fun to be Ugandan.
But am someone who never gives up, not without a fight, however i didn't think that appealing to PayPal would be the best fight, because i can't handle the bureaucracies involved (i understand that for a country to be white-listed to receive PayPal payments, an "Anti-Money Laundering" law has to be in place, so clearly i would be fighting a losing battle because am not in the parliament to quickly influence this law, besides our Uganda parliament is busy discussing other useless laws like; "The Anti Homosexuality Bill" "Mini Skirt Bill" "Marital Rape Bill" instead of focusing on laws that will increase income inflow to our poor economy).
So i set out to look for an alternative way of getting my hands on the money that i had worked for and thank God, someone had already thought about a working solution. a solution that works for all (Ugandans inclusive).
PAYONEER allows you to withdraw money from a PayPal account and access it directly from any ATM machine that supports MasterCard.
|Get your card today|
The process is simple:
- Open an account with payoneer
- Provide a residential address where they can send your prepaid debit card (Please Note: They don't allow addresses for your work place, schools, hospitals. it has to be your personal address, preferably a residential address, i know this is a big challenge in Uganda because some of our residences don't have addresses! but you can use your friend's, parent's, relative's address where you are sure you will be able to know when your card arrives.)
- Your prepaid debit card (with mastercard) will be shipped to you (takes about a month).
- Activate your card on the payoneer website once you receive it
- Withdraw money from your PayPal account to your Payoneer card (forgot to mention that you need a PayPal account where the money will be sent first, open one here)
- Walk into any ATM in Uganda with MasterCard services (Stanbic Bank ATMs, Barclays Bank ATMs)
- Money in your hands :-)
|Problem Solved by Payoneer|
This is so far the best way to receive online payments from paypal and it has motivated me to make more money online. JOIN NOW